Intentional Parenting is all about helping parents by making their path easier to see.
There are three things that are the driving force behind the development of Intentional Parenting
- My background is in Sociology and I’m always fascinated by the larger and sometimes invisible things that influence how we think and behave…especially as parents. As an intense solution-seeker, I love to look for patterns of behaviour and where they come from, to understand their influence, and figure out a way to make changes – if change is needed!
- Many parts of my life have been really hard. If I could have known the things that are in Intentional Parenting when I was starting out as a young adult, my life could have been quite different. (PS. Its all good now!)
- Toronto’s Sick Kids Hospital has a lecture series on Infant Mental Health. Being part of that, and, given my life story, has REALLY lit a fire under me! Intentional Parenting has been designed to help parents understand how to contribute to their children’s mental health simply as a way of life!
No frowns; no judgement; just thoughtful, supportive, and encouraging wisdom and insight.
Often a second pair of eyes can offer a clarity that is so hard to see when you are standing right in the middle of the stress and fatigue.
These are the goals behind Intentional Parenting (IP) – IP wants to help you:
- Understand your own patterns of behaviour
- Learn what specific steps you can take to make great changes, and
- Be able act with knowledge and confidence in giving your little one a great start in life!
You want to enjoy these years with your family. We only get one chance to do this!